"My experience with Olu Jacobs"; Upcoming actress reveals

IMG_20150320_061013They say art is life, and life is art. A closer look can actually depict that life is full of creativity which is one synonymic interpretation of art. some one said; "when you fall in love with a writer you will never die", and writing is a work of art, hence proving that art is life.


Recently I ran into Adolphus Juliet, an up-coming actress and she shared her view about art, its connection to acting and the walls surrounding it.


JULIET: Hi my name is Adolphus Juliet, I studied Accounting in Imo State University.


GLORY: So why acting instead of practicing?


JULIET: Acting is my passion and passions are art. what I meant by art is, a force that is inborn in you, no matter how you try to subdue it, it still keeps pushing you around. So acting is just there in me and it did not stop me from studying accounting, simply say, art will allow you achieve other things but will keep you where you should be.


GLORY: In other words, you are saying that if we don't do things we love we don't succeed?


JULIET: I will say an almost-yes to that. Like I have mentioned, art is creativity and a drive. Acting of course is an art, it entails drive, passion and creativity. For instance if you want to be a medical doctor and you don't have passion for it, you hardly become successful in that area. So art goes beyond painting, drawing, writing and what have you. What you have passion for, makes you stand out without struggle because it  is like the air you breath.


GLORY: When did you get into acting and would you live acting for accounting someday?


JULIET: [laughs] Let me get hold of one thing first and see to what extent I can add to it and vice versa. I got into acting in 2005 but I was at the background to underscore certain principles. So in 2010 I started fully.


GLORY: I noticed that you have done much of epic movies, is that the area you want to focus on?


JULIET: Not at all (smiles), for now that is what is forth coming.


GLORY: one of your popular work is "The king and his cross" which you played along side Olu Jacobs, what is you experience working with him?


JULIET: There is one ironic thing about Olu Jacobs and his face, he might actually look so serious or mean but the truth is that he is simple and easy going. He works with you as a colleague. Not like some star actors who make you feel new and cold.


GLORY: Who do you look up to in the industry?


JULIET: I must tell you, the industry has really advanced, is not like what we use to feel if not know. There are so many actors who have good talents and are showing proof of it, even the old ones have equally enhanced. So I don't have one person in particular that I look up to, I love as many that do their jobs with perfection and that's the passion.


GLORY: Who are your friends now in the industry?


JULIET: Wow! So many, many of them are so assimilating, Queen Nwokoye, Eve Essien, Chika Ike, Ngozi Ezeonu, many let me not bug you (laughs)


GLORY: Some of your works includes, igbotic love, beyond beauty, evil world, the king and the cross, etc, which is your favourite?


JULIET: They are all good but my favourite is not yet out will reveal it soonest.


GLORY: Where can we find you in five years time?


JULIET: In lofty heights. (We laughed). I am taking acting one step at a time because I am actually here to have fun, learn, get fulfilled and of course make money. I don't want to rush things to avoid people wondering when and how you got there or may be something unnatural fostered your sudden climb to the top. Let my good works announce me. But surely in five years time I will attain huge progress, God willing


GLORY: I want to say a big thank you for your time, it was fun talking with you. God grace to you and see you at the top.


JULIET: The pleasure is mine and God's grace on your works too.

Comments

  1. That's my girl juliet. You'll go places,just keep being you and real. Determination is the key

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Each For Equal #IWD

Red Carpet, Naked dresses point

UNDERSTANDING THE ARTIFICIAL INSEMINATION PROCEDURE