MEET ONE OF THE LATEST YOUNG NOLLYWOOD DIRECTOR

Just as we are dedicated with keeping you abreast to the happenings around you, to make you closer to events originally than never before.

 

We stumbled on a young, energetic  and upcoming director popularly known as Dr Vee, who has directed movies like; The evil seed, Brass(the fight for freedom), Hooked, Agwonma  the unbreakable egg, amongst others.


GLORY: Can we meet you?

DR VEE: My name is Chukwuemeka Orijiani AKA Dr Vee (DGN). I am from Enugu state. I'm a graduate of computer science from Richmond Open University,I am based in Port-Harcourt and I am single.

GLORY: When and How did you get into the movie Industry?

 

DR VEE: I came into the industry in the year 2001 i started working as a visual fx editor. I trained under Mr Okechukwu Oku of pure-sound and visuals, the producer of Chinwe Ike Video.

 

GLORY: which is your first production?

 

DR VEE: Ulinma was my first entrance job to directing. It was shot in Eleme, Port-Harcourt. It starred stars like Francis Duru, Amanda Ebeye amongst others and am happy that Ulinma is now on Iroko Tv and DSTV.

 

GLORY: Shouldnt you have gone into computer related jobs like ITC instead of movies?

 

DR VEE: (laughs). To me the job i am doing now is a computer related one. Besides doing what i love is paramount. I actually came into the industry because  i love computing and visual arts. I love putting images together and expressing myself visually. The film industry is large and only the consistent and creative ones benefits immensely from it.

 

GLORY: Do you see yourself succeeding in this field, climbing to make name like Teco Benson and the rest?

 

DR VEE: By God's grace all things are possible with hard work and passion. I see myself as an agent of change, the daily experiences and mastery has led me into producing stunning images and breath taking images that at times i wonder if i actually created them.

 

GLORY: Which of your recent production can you say have announced you.

 

DR VEE: My recent oustanding productions  are "Brass(fight of freedom)" now on Ibaka TV and DSTV and "World wide Market" which i worked as cinematographer/Editor and special Effect director.

 

GLORY: Do you have locations you prefer to work at?

 

DR VEE: yes i like Enugu alot, may be is my favourite. I have also worked in several locations like Lagos, Owerri, Aba, Onitsha, Asaba, Nsukka, Jos, Benin and others.

 

GLORY: So where are you currently based for your production?

 

DR VEE: I moved into Port-Harcourt and starred my own video studio I creations Entertainments. We have a video and photography studio in PH and at Enugu and we are planning to get another  in Aba. Currently i am working on Two projects "Agwonma" an epic movie starring Ejike Asiegbu, Francis Duru,etc and "Bloody sunday" also featuring Francis Duru amongst others.

 

GLORY: Advise other young Intending Directors.

 

DR VEE: Be determined, creative and love the job. I have come to understand that visual arts and film is something we need everyday, original as Africa is we can produce more culture and element that affect us all either positively or negatively.

 

GLORY: we want to say a zillion thanks for talking with us Dr Vee and we wish you all the best

 

DR VEE: Thanks Gee, i am impressed and i wish you greatness on your job, it was my pleasure being here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Each For Equal #IWD

Red Carpet, Naked dresses point

UNDERSTANDING THE ARTIFICIAL INSEMINATION PROCEDURE