What you don't know about yourself... Says Aibee

Have you ever stood in front of the mirror,
staring at yourself for so long that you feel
you're staring at someone else? Recently, I tried
staring at my reflection in the mirror. For a long
time I stood staring, staring till I thought I saw
someone else, I stared till my eyes hurt, I tried to
look into my own eyes and a strange kind of fear
overtook my me.

I was seeing someone different from whom I
normally see. It was scary. Now the normal me I
know likes to talk, often too much infact, mainly
because I felt insecure about being quiet. The
normal me is so unsure of what she wants, most
times my biggest challenge was indecision, the
normal me would be always scared to try. The
normal me would say 'maybe I'm not good
enough'

But staring at my reflection, I knew it wasn't the
normal me I was seeing. I looked into my own
eyes, I looked deeper and gradually that fear
began to creep away. The me I saw was
different, the me I saw was smiling, confident
and smart. The me I saw was strong, strong
because She has learned some things along the
way that she is happy to share with others, and
she is also just as eager to learn from those
others. I saw beauty, from outside and most of
it radiating from inside..

I wondered what was wrong with this mirror, it
seemed so different today. The more I looked,
the more I saw a king sized self-esteem twice
bigger than myself, I saw a winner. Was
wondering why I suddenly felt good enough and
capable. I wasn't startled when tears flooded my
eyes and crumbled down my face. It felt creepy
watching myself cry in front of the mirror, I
couldn't help it. The me I saw wasn't scared of
trying, the me I saw was ready to give her best
and not settle for less.

As I stood staring and listening to Whitney
Houston's One Moment in Time, i was lost in the
moment, I couldn't stop staring at the me I saw,
I saw greatness in my eyes, I saw hope, I saw
my worth, I saw everything I wanted to be that I
thought I wasn't. I loved what I saw.
Now, I really want to be that girl I saw, I have to
accept that was me I was seeing I need to allow
my eyes to see HER, not the lesser me who often
stares back at me. Whether it’s how I look,
what I weigh, friend I am, my age, what I do and
how I do it, it’s all worthy. I just have to start
getting used to this me I see. I'll keep looking
until my former me disappears.

Dunno what you see when you stare at your
reflection in the mirror, maybe you feel you're
ugly and not worthy of anything, well I think you
should dust that mirror and look up again, deeply
this time and without fear. Don't you see that
beauty radiating from you that's being begging
for appreciation. Any beautiful soul reading this,
You're are Exceptionally beautiful, handsome,
special, smart, good enough and worthy of every
good thing.. Just don't stop looking...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Each For Equal #IWD

Red Carpet, Naked dresses point

UNDERSTANDING THE ARTIFICIAL INSEMINATION PROCEDURE