I knew Yesterday

Yesterday, I walked in a path I ought not to
Yesterday, I ran in a lane I do not belong
And of course I got grabbed, 


I got grabbed by uncertainty
Yesterday, I needed approval to do my lot


Yesterday, I searched faces to get a nod
to move on
Yesterday, I was always deserted
Because the accolade I looked forward to never came


Yesterday I followed their routine to do my own thing
But how could I possibly fit into another's shoe though ?


I was almost losing me
I was so blind to see
To see the flaws on those I am making gods
Those I thought are getting the best of life


Yesterday, was my low self esteem
No wonder my shoes hurt that much
I was walking on their shoes
Trying hard to be them


Yesterday was my insecurity
No wonder I wasn't seen, heard nor felt
Too busy to see their hands soiled in loops and holes
See their backs inked in mistakes
And they sit tight on their shame


I forgot I was a muse
I got trodden by their judgement
How can one guilty as I am judge me?
See,  see how I forgot that
I am my own beautiful


Hey you!  I screamed to to awaken my mind
Pick up your whole pieces
And do what you were born for
Dust the haze and shine


You are worth the hazels you build in your dreams
You are worth the medal you want so much
Take yourself along, you are enough


I take for myself my dreams again
Purged my mind, held my eyes up again
AND PUSHED YESTERDAY 


I take for myself my confidence
And I'm up again

Have you pushed your yesterday?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Each For Equal #IWD

Red Carpet, Naked dresses point

UNDERSTANDING THE ARTIFICIAL INSEMINATION PROCEDURE